Lisp routine to scale an object down equally

BrianTFC

At what point in the process are you adding the tabs?

Seems to me you could offset the panel first, then add the tabs, should be able to do that with LISP.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BrianTFC

• BIGAL

• Lee Mac

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I use an offset lisp routine that will take the rectangle that I created from the elevation and explode it as it offsets to create the tabs widths, and then I extend the lines the offset routine created with the explode to the outside lines to create the tabs and then join the outside lines together to create the notch in the corners. Now mind you this is all done with a lisp routine so its fairly quick.

well that would only give me the detail for importing, I still need the actual size panel for the drawings which is a 1/16" larger.

I hope you don't mind my backing up a little - you show "STEP 1" and "STEP 2" in the image you posted earlier. Do you actually create both steps in the process you follow? If you do, why not try what BIGAL suggested earlier in this thread and use the dimensions in "STEP 1" to create the new geometry in "STEP 2" using code? Seems to me it would work for creating new drawings, anyway.

(I tried some code that does that, and it seems to work OK. Just takes a second to select the dimensions and place the new geometry...)

well that would only give me the detail for importing, I still need the actual size panel for the drawings which is a 1/16" larger.

You can do both cant you? Just create a Copy of your original, reduce one of them with offset, then add tabs to each.

I would get a piece of paper draw a rectang write L & W on it then I write down pt numbers so I can keep track of what goes where, so a rectang would have p1 p2 p3 p4 I now also have p11 p12 p13 p14 which is my newly created rectang based on the new picked corner point p11 which has the sizes of L & W added or reduced variables just keep going adding tabs to these 8 points, there are lots of polars hence the sketch of point numbers so I dont lose track.

An extra hint as I take it you are always vertical then angle are each 90 so

(setq pi2 (/ pi 2.0)) ; 90 degrees
pi ; 180 degrees
(setq pi7 (+ pi (/ pi 2.0))) ;270 degrees 

(setq pt16 (polar pt15 pi2 off1))

• 1 year later...

Hello

if u r still needing that program i can help u.

the solution will be with Scale Referenced by writting a lisp routine for u

Tell me to guide u

Amir