2D Horse Float CAD blocks

bennyboy86

Hey all,

so im work for a food truck/trailer manufacturer and they are doing one in a horse float like the attached pic, would anyone have a pre done block? cant seem to find much only getting PNG files and converting those are rubbish and no PDFs to convert which atleast would be ok. If all else fails will draw it from the pic.

thanks all.

Fred-Plan.png

If I were you I would just draw it myself.  Most of the horse trailer CAD drawings I've come across do not match what you have shown above.

Edited by ReMark
  • Like 1

If you want it in 3d the only bits out there would be stuff like wheels, vents, water tank.

Is that not what they have employed you to do ? Would the questions be more like how do I make a shell shape, the fibreglass  dome on the front. 

As you make stuff keep it for next time. Have a search here for David Bethel all 3d from scratch.

Edited by BIGAL

On 8/28/2020 at 8:39 PM, SLW210 said:

Horse Float?

Did you try searching for Horse Trailer drawings?

Are you using Revit?

We call em horse floats in Australia but same thing.

using both revit and cad, trying to move other to full revit for this work just haven’t had time to set up templates etc 

On 8/28/2020 at 9:16 PM, ReMark said:

If I were you I would just draw it myself.  Most of the horse trailer CAD drawings I've come across do not match what you have shown above.

Yeah I’m leaning towards drawing it up myself mainly the internals have to be correct and I’m hoping they have the float if all else fails i can go get measurements to finalise it

23 hours ago, BIGAL said:

If you want it in 3d the only bits out there would be stuff like wheels, vents, water tank.

Is that not what they have employed you to do ? Would the questions be more like how do I make a shell shape, the fibreglass  dome on the front. 

As you make stuff keep it for next time. Have a search here for David Bethel all 3d from scratch.

I’m technically employed to create a kitchen within a trailer not to draw the trailer, in saying that I will get paid to draw it as it is needed. 

if I do it in revit yes that shape is my biggest concern already talked to a mate trying to figure it out. But right now 2D only thing needed for now.

thanks will look into his stuff may help for other things also

Worked for a company that had a horse float not for horses, had awnings, internal, external tvs, generator, obvious sink, water, fridge solar a must today. Go to https://www.camec.com.au/shop for caravan stuff ignore 240 volt fridges must be 12-24/240.  Be careful with 3 way fridge they consume massive power when running in 12v mode. https://www.dometic.com/en-au/au will run days on batteries etc.

Windows hatches aircon so much more.

I fitted out my bus with Stove, water, 2 fridges forgot I have microwave also bolted in place. 

Go to your local caravan yard and have a good look. So much stuff out there pull out BBQ a must.

Pretty sure sent you an email link any questions ask.

bussink.JPG

DSCN0905.JPG

• Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 7:15 PM, bennyboy86 said:

We call em horse floats in Australia but same thing.

using both revit and cad, trying to move other to full revit for this work just haven’t had time to set up templates etc 

Why would you want this in Revit?

21 hours ago, f700es said:

Why would you want this in Revit?

client gets me to do 2D plans and elevations but also 3D views of the cooking and prep lines and if needed externals.

so using revit for the whole lot seems better then using cad and revit.

I would imagine that this would be better in Inventor or Fusion? It's basically a large mechanical assembly as opposed to a building/structure, correct? THIS was my point.

If the project was the float, I could see that but in this case the project is the kitchen in Revit. The float could actually be a 2D background but having it as a 3D model in Revit is a good idea as opposed to working in two different platforms.

LOL, IME mixing platforms introduces issues that wouldn't happen if all aspects are from the same program. Even exporting from one to another doesn't always work as expected.

43 minutes ago, RobDraw said:

mixing platforms introduces issues that wouldn't happen if all aspects are from the same program

Really?? TIL (today I learned) /s
Rob, I don't need a CAD lesson as I was making a joke that you clearly missed 😕

Wow, I thought moderators were smarter than to not read entire posts. I started off by saying LOL or maybe you don't know what that means. It means laughing out loud. And here I was thinking that you had actually lightened up for a change.