2D Horse Float CAD blocks

bennyboy86

17 hours ago, f700es said:

I would imagine that this would be better in Inventor or Fusion? It's basically a large mechanical assembly as opposed to a building/structure, correct? THIS was my point.

i know nothing about either of those programs so not sure, im a die hard cad monkey and im grumpy and old now so stuck in my ways

13 hours ago, RobDraw said:

If the project was the float, I could see that but in this case the project is the kitchen in Revit. The float could actually be a 2D background but having it as a 3D model in Revit is a good idea as opposed to working in two different platforms.

most of the time its a simple rectangle box on a trailer so takes minutes to draw the main framing up, need spare time to sit down and just make revit work for the entire set of drawing i need to produce. but being at home with 4 kids zooming around leaves me little time to have much 'free' time

4 hours ago, bennyboy86 said:

my little horse float has started something, wait let me get my popcorn will be back in a second.

Your float had nothing to do with it.

15 hours ago, f700es said:

Your history here speaks for itself.

So, instead of admitting that you misunderstood my post as me attempting educating you, you decide to deflect. Grow up dude. Put your ego away and reread my post as a simple statement. As a moderator, you should be taking the higher road instead of acting like a child.

To Bennyboy I think your making it harder than it needs to be, as I said go look at caravans everything fits in cubes its not like a fridge is round. The sink has has a top an inside hole and a depth nearly all the stuff has dimensions the hard part is the dimensions are in the sealed plastic bag with the item, go to camec.com.au they list box sizes for the objects same with Dometic fridges and stoves.

22 hours ago, BIGAL said:

To Bennyboy I think your making it harder than it needs to be, as I said go look at caravans everything fits in cubes its not like a fridge is round. The sink has has a top an inside hole and a depth nearly all the stuff has dimensions the hard part is the dimensions are in the sealed plastic bag with the item, go to camec.com.au they list box sizes for the objects same with Dometic fridges and stoves.

I ended up getting my client to measure the complete inside and then drew it up. All the stuff we use is commercial kitchen grade equipment with unique made stainless everything, barely 1 piece is the same job to job. Only thing that is the same is the sink areas the rest is all client specific. Right now half this damn trailer is taken up by a 1.5m x 1.5m pizza oven bloody no room to swing a cat in this thing 

So its not a horse float rather that is the trailer your using saving having to custom make something as you can buy one off the shelf. Surprised went that way see so many BIG enclosed trailers with side awning/counter, rear door etc Even Jayco may have been able to help. Drove past 2 yesterday local market food vendors.

On 9/6/2020 at 10:08 AM, BIGAL said:

So its not a horse float rather that is the trailer your using saving having to custom make something as you can buy one off the shelf. Surprised went that way see so many BIG enclosed trailers with side awning/counter, rear door etc Even Jayco may have been able to help. Drove past 2 yesterday local market food vendors.

we do alot that are custom made, but get the occasional ones where the client has something they want to use like a horse float... suppose would save some money if already had it laying around

As the max vehicle width is 2.5m lose a lot of width as horse floats have the wheels on outside compared to a box where the wheels would be contained in a cupboard. Making full width available front and rear.