Font Styles

Tiger

What font do you use?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What font do you use?

Everyone in the firm, friends, ME, partner firms, co-workers, part-time collaborators, Myself (oops, I think I just repeated somethin', aw well) uses ARIAL and ARIAL NARROW as standard font

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• f700es

• tzframpton

• SLW210

• mhoward_GTC

Ufroman4, Helvo, RomanS, and Freehand.

The first one distinguishes between the letter "O" and the number zero (has a slash through it) and between the number "1" and the lower case "el". The next two are incorporated in our title block and the last one is used in architectural style drawings.

• 9 years later...

I use a multitude of Fonts for Different Companies "Standards" For my Own Company I use x-Opta 1s.shx fir Title text and Architxt.shx for Notes.

I am looking for the Font Style "FELIX TITLING.SHX"

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The font to me is not as important as using TTF instead of SHX fonts. I print EVERY file to a PDF and Acrobat cannot search SHX fonts or at least on my end. So beyond useless to me.

9 year old thread resurrection, nice!!

In the years that's passed, it's nothing but TTF's for me anymore in AutoCAD, specifically Arial since it's a font that is universally installed on all Windows based operating systems which means total compatibility across the board. And, mainly, so people can actually utilize the search utility in their PDF viewer of choice - something you cannot do with SHX fonts as far as I know. Printing a large set with many tags, labels and notes, all as SHX fonts, is morally wrong in this day and age of outputs, lol.

:P

-TZ

Some PDF drivers can make .shx fonts searchable but the results are buggy at best. I'm not sure PDFs and AutoCAD will ever be completely compatible.

Some PDF drivers can make .shx fonts searchable but the results are buggy at best. I'm not sure PDFs and AutoCAD will ever be completely compatible.

While you might be correct, I work for a University and we have Creative Cloud and ALL 5,000 or more machine have Acrobat on them. No extra cost so I just use Acrobat Pro for my PDF driver/printer and all machines have Pro on them for viewing my plans. Just easier to use what we have.

To me SHX fonts are just old, legacy stuff that needs to fade away.

To me SHX fonts are just old, legacy stuff that needs to fade away.
Whoa now... these fightin' words to some on this board.... :lol:

I can see the hashtags now.... #AutoCADforLife #AutoCADforever #IStandWithAutoCAD #NeverRevit

:)