Creation Of Single Line Drawing From Excel Data

smitaranjan

Slightly off topic, for me Electrical Single Lines I make up a blank layout via a LISP and add the texts in after, something that could be done here but would need a change of philosophy from having the data in the format above.

Was just posting this to amuse RLX.... made this up a while ago, the output below contains the default texts - something that would never be in a finished drawing and is easy to spot if I miss something:

image.thumb.png.606ad9272cde5c2d10f1d31d4d04e6ea.png

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

you're welcome, now go and impress your boss, get a pay raise and then (if applicable) impress your wife 💐 and your mother-in-law 😱 

🐉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rlx said:

you're welcome, now go and impress your boss, get a pay raise and then (if applicable) impress your wife 💐 and your mother-in-law 😱 

🐉

Haha... too young for marriage 😅25🙋🏻‍♂️

Thanks for attaching the csv file. It is very useful for me also and thank you for making this program by giving your valuable time.

You're welcome , glad it might be usefull for more people. In its current form is pretty specialized but then I don't think many people want to have snakes 🐍 ...   as a 'house' its usefull but when new people want to move in a lot of the 'furniture' probably will have to be replaced 🤓 (meaning the 'smart' part with csv ,  attributes , distances & auto-sum)

But later this year I may have use for it myself : the street lights on our site are all interconnected by electric cables and I wrote something for this , one or two years ago  (can't remember what though 🤔) , and all drawings have to be updated or recreated.

Anyways , it was not nearly as complicated as this routine so pimping this one should be relatively easy.

Although I heard rumors from my boss they may want to outsource these drawings to a Mumbai office so if any of your geeks ask me for anything like this then I know where you are :danger:

🐉

I don't know what other rumors you've heard 🤐, although I did something similar 5-6 years ago, but if I have to do something like this again in the future, it might help me to some extent  .  And secondly I live in India, from Hyderabad city.  I guess you must have heard some rumors about Hyderabad from your boss too.😉

I realy don't know , a certain percentage of the work has to be outsourced, company policy , and the rest is for despiccable me 😁

Edited by rlx
  • Agree 1

rlx "street lights on our site are all interconnected by electric cables"

There is a lisp that joins blocks as you suggest in sequence, its for electrical connections,  Have you seen it, if not its at Forums/Autodesk. Let me know.

I think I did something. 

I just posted this elsewhere draws offset lines along say a property boundary, I think its version 1 I am sure end result like ver 3 was a pline. Pretty easy to add pick blocks as 2nd step.

offset sides pline.lsp

• Thanks 1

to be honest, as I said , I'm not sure anymore what programmed 🤪 , I've written a lot the past year , just to keep up with the workload and most apps are not very generic but very company specific. Job I do right now involves the as built for a long running project , over time : big time (outsourced a lot) , over budget  : also big time and oh , as built? do we really have to? Well if we must... but we don't have much time or money anymore so dear dragon can you please please help us out etc etc. And fool as I am , many 'coutch hours' & wine botles later I now have an app that can make my life a little bit easier. Have to take into account same data from multiple sources so app brings them together in one screen , compares the data and if all lights are green , oh happy day , if not , oh boy , have to put my Sherlock Holmes cap on and find the truth (but I still love my job 😁)

well time to finish that wine and get a few hours sleep before I battle the next couple of thousand instrument loops 😫 😪 😴

btw , thanx for the lisp Bigal

Edited by rlx

Hi need some updates in lisp

On 3/22/2023 at 5:36 AM, rlx said:

one last little update / upgrade & a dead bug , may it rest in pieces...

:beer:

🐉

RlxSnake_Dialog_2023-03-22.jpg

SuperSnake.jpeg

RlxSnake.lsp 34.75 kB · 9 downloads

Need some updates in Lisp. So it can update  description2(CSV file) in 2nd line of the block dwg. And Some information it should attach along the SLD. APSFL Latest.csv  and I have modified border one A3.dwg to show the position of information to be filled. Attaching the final look of print image.png.9ce9a4796f89de71baf168622d750717.png

and in final output, if it will print pdf also along with dwg then it will be helpful

111.pdf

Try this :

At this time snake still doesn't do more then 1 GP per Clamp (haven't seen an example yet but assume it would look like {clamp GP GP CP.. clamp}  If you would reduce GP Symbol height by half maybe there would be enough space to handle a couple of GP's more but allways in direction down so if there are too many they would cross the next row. So human intervention probably remains mandatory.

🐉

RlxSnake-2023-03-30.png

Snake-2023-03-30.png

RlxSnake.lsp A3.dwg

Edited by rlx

ok , on request update # ...

Added printer funky nationality , updated symbols with multine attributes so long names with a space in it can be spread over two lines. Updated font in A3 template. Added some edit boxes in dialog for District , Approved & Ring #. Alternatively , if this info changes per diagram (csv will be broken up from pop to pop for each diagram) this info schould be , in a standard way , whithin each pop-to-pop section. 

image.png.33a3030a2991e23135fba8aae2f9fb37.png

Most info can be derived from csv , District en Ring# not (unless you add more columns as OP did in latest csv file , but there was no relation with csv data , only with image in 111.pdf. So thats why I ask either to put this info in standarized way in csv or else maybe combi csv - dialog is an option

image.thumb.png.e946be2dc99bf938771cec0bdbff5b12.png

and now if you excuse me I have to start laying easter eggs..

image.thumb.png.30e7933cd70a81d0979e76c6055684d7.png

🐉

RlxSnake.lsp A3.dwg Clamp.dwg GP.dwg POP.dwg

Edited by rlx
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rlx said:

ok , on request update # ...

Added printer funky nationality , updated symbols with multine attributes so long names with a space in it can be spread over two lines. Updated font in A3 template. Added some edit boxes in dialog for District , Approved & Ring #. Alternatively , if this info changes per diagram (csv will be broken up from pop to pop for each diagram) this info schould be , in a standard way , whithin each pop-to-pop section. 

image.png.33a3030a2991e23135fba8aae2f9fb37.png

Most info can be derived from csv , District en Ring# not (unless you add more columns as OP did in latest csv file , but there was no relation with csv data , only with image in 111.pdf. So thats why I ask either to put this info in standarized way in csv or else maybe combi csv - dialog is an option

image.thumb.png.e946be2dc99bf938771cec0bdbff5b12.png

and now if you excuse me I have to start laying easter eggs..

image.thumb.png.30e7933cd70a81d0979e76c6055684d7.png

🐉

RlxSnake.lsp 51.36 kB · 0 downloads A3.dwg 321.58 kB · 0 downloads Clamp.dwg 77.85 kB · 0 downloads GP.dwg 74.78 kB · 0 downloads POP.dwg 77.1 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for adding Print option...Getting some problems, in lisp its making only first 2 SLD, instead of all. And printing only 2. As for all the drawing the district, approve mandal and ring2 is not same, its safe if it takes refence from csv files. Like its Filtering from POP-POP, one SLD, it should take information from CSV and first row of POP as its information. While printing also its printing only first Drawing1, instead of all the dwg. if it will print according to its name automatically, then it will be better and stored them in same output folder instead of asking. here is APSFL Latest 4.csv the information I have filled them, it will be better if its follow csv rather than asking.  and along with line color, symbol color , if there is a text color and all the font same then it will look good.

Pimped printing a little but printing in general depends a lot on user preferences. If you select a printer it can be either a real printer or a pdf printer. App will look for pdf in printer name and takes action accoordingly. Run app on two different machines and nos problemos. Pdf's are saved in same output folder as dwg files. Whether pdf is shown directly depends on how your printer is configured. That's for you or your IT to configure , I'm certainly not coming to India to check that haha.

Hope it all works now , if not let me know (don't rush 😄)

🐉

RlxSnake.lsp Clamp.dwg GP.dwg POP.dwg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rlx said:

Pimped printing a little but printing in general depends a lot on user preferences. If you select a printer it can be either a real printer or a pdf printer. App will look for pdf in printer name and takes action accoordingly. Run app on two different machines and nos problemos. Pdf's are saved in same output folder as dwg files. Whether pdf is shown directly depends on how your printer is configured. That's for you or your IT to configure , I'm certainly not coming to India to check that haha.

Hope it all works now , if not let me know (don't rush 😄)

🐉

RlxSnake.lsp 51.27 kB · 0 downloads Clamp.dwg 67.68 kB · 0 downloads GP.dwg 66.78 kB · 0 downloads POP.dwg 69.06 kB · 0 downloads

Mostly done, but still its doing first 2 SLD only, not the all available Data as previous your lisp was doing(in APSFL Latest 4.csv, there is data for 4 SLD)and in printing too its printing only first SLD not all. can it have landscape mode pdf?