• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• basty

• ReMark

• eldon

• BIGAL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, there's your problem.  AutoCAD is using the original linetype definition file.  Close out AutoCAD completely then open it up and try again.

Your answers and actions seem to me to show that you do not have a lot of experience with AutoCAD. And yet you want to make a custom linetype by overwriting an existing linetype!

i think that I cannot help you at this stage.

Do you mean I'm not allowed to overwrite the acad.lin file?

How about make a copy of it and edit it using Notepad then rename the file and load it in my AutoCAD 2014?

I have a backup file before I edit the original acad.lin using Notepad.

Edited by basty

Well done for tracking down the file that is in use.

My point about overwriting the linetype is that the lines in this file are universal to AutoCAD. By altering the linetype definition for your computer, if anyone else opens your drawing on another machine, then your linetype would not show as you intend it to.

For universal use, it is proper, when writing a new linetype definition, to name the linetype something unique, like Equal-dash then every else will see your linetype instead of seeing the default one. It is only a matter of copying a couple of lines, inserting them and then altering them as required.

The idea in my post wat that you make a CUSTOM.LIN file and read your linetype from there. Just save what I posted to notepad and save as custom.lin, do LINETYPE and select that file you can load 1 or all of them.