Another Complicated Arc Question

I'd draw the horizontal from the centre of the magenta circle - with luck you have that as a temporary circle from before - and then rotate it from the circle centre by the 3 degrees. Next step would be to rotate this new line by 90 degrees at its intersection with the circumference - use intersection snap - 

And after that the next easy entity to draw is the 130 circle, below, and the 135 degree line off it (which uses what you have just done). Coordinates of course from the 670 circle

image.png.914a8a5e3cd8fa3b34e16890f53e4f61.png

This circle is using the TTR option, Tangent, Tangent, Radius.

Start the CIRCLE command, and enter 'T' or 'TTR', following the prompts, select a point sort of near where the 1050 circle intersects the circles and enter the 1050 radius.

I think you should have this now:

image.png.200b7b0cacd23646fc6dc782b705d83f.png

and you can TRIM the circles to remove the parts you don't want now as well (trim command, select cutting edges, enter and the portions to remove). This should give you something like this:

image.png.a3b1fed41d1cefd0a77f98a98625a4a1.png

I'll add here that the next part, you want to draw the angled line and miss the fillet. Assume here that the angle is the same as the other similar angled line before (3 degrees), you have the start point ('238' and '410') and angle.

Again, the fillet isn't specified so try the R130, and see if that works...

Which circle I should draw first? Circle 1 or circle 2? Please show me with its construction lines.

two_circles.PNG

work from left to right at the moment, however in all of these exercises if you can locate and draw an object accurately there is no difference to the order you draw them.

When you have done this, post a snip of where you are and what you have drawn. So far this is not so tricky, I am hoping the instructions so far will have got you this far easily.

We are going to join up the left and right parts of the line you were working on,

Draw a 400 radius circle anywhere, and from the top - vertically above the circle origin - draw a line to the left, any length. Rotate both these 3 degrees anticlockwise from the circle origin.

Move both these to a point - anywhere - at the start of the 360 dimension - so that perhaps the origin of this new circle is horizontally above the origin as shown on the exercise - can be anywhere, we are going to move it next.

This has given up the horizontal location for these 2, the line and circle. Now vertically.

Draw a temporary vertical construction line from the end of the arc on the left side. With luck this will intersect with the new line you draw (if not, use Chamfer to join then). Where this temporary line and the other line intersect is the intersection with that arc, move the line and circle vertically so they join up. Trim away the parts you don't want from the line, delete the temporary construction line.

Draw a line perhaps at 45 degree to the vertical from the centre of the new 400 radius circle (so it bisects the top right quadrant of the circle). Use this and the 3 degree line to trim away most of the circle, leaving just the top curve. Delete the 45 degree temporary line used for trimming.

Fillet from this 400 radius arc (was circle) to the 130 radius arc, with a fillet radius of 1650.

This should complete the top line.

On 2/19/2024 at 5:52 PM, Steven P said:

We are going to join up the left and right parts of the line you were working on,

Draw a 400 radius circle anywhere, and from the top - vertically above the circle origin - draw a line to the left, any length. Rotate both these 3 degrees anticlockwise from the circle origin.

Move both these to a point - anywhere - at the start of the 360 dimension - so that perhaps the origin of this new circle is horizontally above the origin as shown on the exercise - can be anywhere, we are going to move it next.

This has given up the horizontal location for these 2, the line and circle. Now vertically.

Draw a temporary vertical construction line from the end of the arc on the left side. With luck this will intersect with the new line you draw (if not, use Chamfer to join then). Where this temporary line and the other line intersect is the intersection with that arc, move the line and circle vertically so they join up. Trim away the parts you don't want from the line, delete the temporary construction line.

Draw a line perhaps at 45 degree to the vertical from the centre of the new 400 radius circle (so it bisects the top right quadrant of the circle). Use this and the 3 degree line to trim away most of the circle, leaving just the top curve. Delete the 45 degree temporary line used for trimming.

Fillet from this 400 radius arc (was circle) to the 130 radius arc, with a fillet radius of 1650.

This should complete the top line.

I still don't understand. Can you show me by image please?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mr. Steven P, it's been approximately 17 days since my last question to you and you're not replying. I am waiting for your reply regarding my last question to you. Please advance.

Been busy doing other things, I was hoping you'd be picking up some of the methods and how to do this though. In the last couple of weeks what have you managed to complete beyond what is above?

Ok, I'll try what I can. I will ask you again when I get confuse. Please wait for my next reply. Thanks.

• Like 1