Civil drafting school project help

Autocadstudent

Thank you. I have created the offsets and the points as described in fofa's post. I don't know how to get the part where it says to ......... 

On 9/7/2013 at 2:16 PM, fofa said:

You also need to create a cut and fill layout ratio (the bottom rectangular portion of figure 22-48). The ratio “rectangle” can be created outside of the drawing area and copied/inserted into the lower left hand corner of drafting plate 2.

Also are there supposed to have vertical lines on the plain view I have posted?

Screenshot (130).png

Your proposed contours have to be blended into the existing contours.  What you see below is acceptable to P-F.

P-F Proj. 6 - Proposed Contours.PNG

• Thanks 1

Is this also a Ratio Rectangle? I still don't understand, what that square is a copy of?  Is that the road rotated? 

Screenshot (131).png

Edited by JonnaMcSki

I believe the image directly above depicts the creation of the ratio rectangle which likewise appears as the second image I posted above.  

Edited by ReMark

Since it is only you and I, and rarely anyone else, asking/answering questions, you don't have to necessarily quote my reply in your post.  I can follow the conversation well enough.  Thank you.

When it comes to drawings similar to this, references to direction are usually expressed as being either north, south, east, or west.  Why do you ask?

Edited by ReMark

The square only shows part of the road? What part of the road do I use to make the square and how do I know which side or part of the road to use?

I'm not sure I am following you.  There is no square.  The ratio rectangle is just that... a rectangle.  The overall size of the rectangle is 240 x 390.  The distance between the vertical lines is 15 units.  The distance between the horizontal lines is 22.50 units. Trim or Fillet the overlapping lines to produce a rectangle similar to what is depicted in my post above.  Now it is time for my dinner.  Goodnight. 

Maybe I'm not asking the right questions. let me try again.

When fofa says....

On 9/7/2013 at 2:16 PM, fofa said:

You also need to create a cut and fill layout ratio (the bottom rectangular portion of figure 22-48). The ratio “rectangle” can be created outside of the drawing area and copied/inserted into the lower left hand corner of drafting plate 2.

is this the picture we are referencing? 

Also, is the image we are taking about a copy of part of the driveway I just drew?

If it is part of the road I just drew what part of the road it is the image (I mean the square) copied from?

hopefully I'm making sense. Thank you for all of this. 

p.s. Goodnight/Good morning (depending on when you see this)

Edited by JonnaMcSki

Yes... the image that I posted is exactly what fofa was referencing.  Haven't you seen images of the Plate 2 drawing for this particular project?

I have seen others student's projects but I haven't seen anything that looks like that ratio on any of them. I can't even find something like that when I searched online. The only thing I've seen that looks like that is in the image I posted earlier. That is why I can't rap my brain around what it looks like, what info it is supposed to convey, what part of the driveway it is copied from, what it's use is, or what it is called. 

JonaMcSki: I would suggest that you pause for a moment and starting with the first post in this multi-page thread read through every post and carefully view each included image.  Note... the ratio rectangle to which I refer is seen in an image posted by forum member Car5858 on Page 3, 17th post from the top.  You will see that the image he posted was of the entire Plate 2 drawing which includes the ratio rectangle located in the lower left-hand corner of the drawing.  It is very much similar to the close-up view of the same feature I posted recently.  They are other drawings depicted that will be good sources of information to refer to as you progress further into the project you are trying to complete.  

Edited by ReMark

I'm having a hard time finding the info I'm looking for it would help to know what the "ratio rectangle" is called. I'm not finding anything called a "ratio rectangle." What is the term used to refer to this? 

Did you not bother to look up the reference I provided in my previous post (re: Page 3, 17th post down)?  This is how the Ratio Rectangle is created.  I've outlined the first few steps, using white colored lines, the rest will be up to you.

Note: the 3rd post down on this page shows exactly what the ratio rectangle looks like. 

RatioRect_create.PNG

Edited by ReMark

OK... I'm now thinking that Penn-Foster may have removed the ratio rectangle or whatever they referred to it as.  Can you upload and attach a copy of the PDF file with the project instructions?