Please Help With PressPull!!!

ntremaglio

Use closed plines, so for existing plines use the pedit command, select the Close option. Now try PP again.

Also with PP be sure to select in the middle of the bounded area rather than picking on the object edge.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• ntremaglio

• Debalance

• rkent

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In many cases though shouldn't PressPull work on any combination of lines, polylines and splines?

My answer was to the OP speaking directly to what their problem might be related to.

There are several different results that can be expected using PP depending on whether you are picking on the edge of a pline or inside it, and whether or not the pline is Closed or merely a closed shape (not sure what to call a pline that comes back to its start point but is not Closed. And that same closed pline will offer a lot more editing grips if Extrude is used rather than PP.

With overlapping lines, plines, splines, arcs, etc. then PP only works by picking inside the shape needing extruded so the problem of a surface being created doesn't come about.

ok so I fixed the problem and found the original cause. rkent you were right, i wasnt selecting the middle of the bounded area but rather the actual boundary itself. So thanks everyone.

... and whether or not the pline is Closed or merely a closed shape...

When you are using PP it detects a loop and then creates a region. For a region there is no difference whether you have a closed polyline, or polyline, whose first and last vertices simply coincide.

When you are using PP it detects a loop and then creates a region. For a region there is no difference whether you have a closed polyline, or polyline, whose first and last vertices simply coincide.

As I said before, it matters where you pick if the pline is not Closed.

As I said before, it matters where you pick if the pline is not Closed.

I have carefully read your previous post. But I don't understand this! A region is created or not, there is no in-between. Can you provide an example of a drawing?

I've had instances where PP has failed to produce any results but it never occurred to me that it was because I did not pick in the center of my profile. I'll have to test that.

I have carefully read your previous post. But I don't understand this! A region is created or not, there is no in-between. Can you provide an example of a drawing?

First off a region is not created, either a solid or a surface is created.

Make your own example. Start PP, pick the edge and see a surface created, pick inside the pline and see a solid created. I am on 2014 so perhaps that is the difference.

When I run PressPull (2014) the prompt is to select an Object or an Area.

If I select an open Object I get a surface.

If I select a closed Object (a closed object being defined as one entity - say a closed polyline).

If I select a bounded Area I get a solid. As seen in image - the bounded area can be comprised of a Line, Polyline, Circle, Arc and Spline.

PressPull.png

First off a region is not created, either a solid or a surface is created.

Make your own example. Start PP, pick the edge and see a surface created, pick inside the pline and see a solid created. I am on 2014 so perhaps that is the difference.

Unfortunately my AutoCAD 2010 does not allow me to pick a polyline. When I run PressPull command it generate this prompt: "Click inside bounded areas to press or pull:"

That would create a surface body anyhow (unless the object is closed entity - like a circle).

Are you trying to create solid bodies or surface bodies? If surface bodies - then simply Extrude the open curves.

That would create a surface body anyhow (unless the object is closed entity - like a circle).

Are you trying to create solid bodies or surface bodies? If surface bodies - then simply Extrude the open curves.

I have long and successfully use the PressPull command. Just I had some misunderstanding. And the explanation of this - is my outdated AutoCAD.

Can someone please tell what is the reason for press pull surfaces having different patterns. I am drawing a double leaf extremal wall and struggling the have the sand pattern on both walls?

You are seeing patterns on a wall that you created using the PressPull command? I've never heard of that. Can you post an image?

Normally "materials" are assigned to 3D models that can then be seen using a Realistic visual style or if one renders the object.

Hi there!

Please try using polyline in sketching the profile then apply presspull.

If you wish to use your original profile, try converting it into a polyline by using the "pedit" command.

To use pedit command, follow the steps below:

1. Enter the pedit command

2. Key in "m"

3. Select your profile

4. Select "join"

5. Press enter key twice (the command line shoul be ready to accept another command at this point)

Good luck and I hope it helps...

tomas: The problem was solved when the OP, casho88, discovered he had duplicate lines sitting atop one another). Unfortunately you would not know that because casho88 also started a new thread about the problem and he informed us of his discovery in that thread. This is the thread I am referring to...

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?84326-Presspull-Changing-pattern

Hi there!

Please try using polyline i.......

What if I don't want to use polylines?

What if I want to use Splines?

What if I don't have trimmed intersections?

What if I have a complex combination of splines, arcs, circles, lines, polylines and untrimmed intersections?