drafix cad ultra V4.20 (DOS)

md2020

• 1 month later...

MD2020 - I have several early machines that I use with DOS. If I can be of any assistance in your migration I'd be happy to do it just to help out.

• 7 months later...

I have used

Ver  1  from 1986 to now and and I use Ver 4.2 ultra to save them into DXF

You are right it is very easy to use

The format DWG is not the format that Autocad uses. To run files in Autocad you have to import the DXF 

file.

You also have to create a sym file in Drafix that autocad will recognise. Before it loads

Hi, I am also a dinosuur using Drafix Ultra 4.20. Did you ever find a similar compatible program?

Thanks, Si.

• 3 years later...

i ran this program in the late 80's early 90's. At the time we were inputting AT&T buildings into CAD(DWG)Format but could not afford AutoCAD. it had a graphical interface of sorts. Eventually had to bite the bullet and upgrade computers and but AutoCAD. I remember buying 2mb of ram for the PC to run AutoCAD V8 and the memory cost $2k, plus you hade to buy QEMM softwatre to run that much RAM. Doubt you could even buy 2mb of RAM these days.