Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 13 results

1. Hello everyone, I've been trying to perform a sheet metal folding animations on Inventor studio. But reach time I want to animate a parameter after setting the end value it keeps saying specified value can't be applied. I'll really appreciate it if you can help.
  2. Hello Users, This is my first post here, but I have visited on occasion to solve issues in the past. I now find myself in a position that I am not sure I can solve just by browsing the forums, maybe someone here can lend a hand. I have been using CAD software in various design jobs since 1999. However, I have never had to utilize LISP routines. My newest job has presented me with a request that has stumped me. The more I research on it, the more confused I get. I have been a fan of building my own PC's that can handle the heavy loads of 3D designs and renderings. Hardware is a piece of cake for me. However, when I try and study the mechanics of writing LISP routines my brain starts to hurt. I have seen plenty of examples of various LISP routines out there, but looking at the coding that's involved just makes me go cross-eyed. This is something I want to get better at, but I need some help. First off....I have Tuesday morning meetings every other week that involve multiple departments where I work. The latest project involved equipment moves on the plants production floor. One of the moves we had to make was to move a racking system in order to hold longer product. By moving the racks we ended up eating into the aisle that pedestrians use. We had to put a little jog in the aisle and make sure that the forklifts could still access the area. So, I measured and drew the footprint of the forklift that they use and placed it in the aisle. Then I just copied it multiple times to show that the forklift fits and can make the little turns that we put in the aisle. Piece of cake, no thought involved in it really. However, we had a special request to animate the forklift block to show it moving down the aisle, make the slight turns and continuing down the aisle with no issues of equipment getting in the way. Forklift will be driving sideways and holds a 16' long pallet and the turns will be tight. This is all in 2D. I know there are some decent animation software packages out there, but they all seem to use 3D models. Not a big deal, but we aren't buying new software to do this, have to keep it within AutoCAD 2017 that we currently use. Is there a way to do what they want, keep it in 2D and have the entire LISP routine select the forklift block, move it down the aisle, around the turns and make it appear to be animated? I would love to learn more about the mechanics of writing these routines, but coding really confuses me. I need something that can help me break down the basics of writing these routines and understand the structure involved with all those confusing lines of text! If it requires a phone call and a few lessons over the phone I'm up for that! If someone has a 'LISP Routines for Dummies" link, I am all for that as well. Not opposed to learning it on my own, but the pc screen has never answered my questions when I raise my hand! Any help you gurus can lend would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Dave
  3. Hey guys, I'm supposed to make an animation for a uni project and i've only gotten the software 3 days ago so i'm very new but i want to get this done quick. I've found the tutorial on Youtube but it skipped to many steps for a beginner. Basically, I need to make an animation of a paper folding itself into a simple paper airplane and then flying off. Something like this : Anyone willing to give me a walk through? Thanks!
  4. I couldn't find what this was made with, but is the lathe/mill action from :30 to :50 possible in inventor? I can get the animation to rotate and have the parts spin, but cannot figure out how to make the milling command take the surface down. Might this have been made with Maya? or some CAM software? I was hoping to use inventor to show how to make drill bits and contacts with the parts milled out from a single stock. Any ideas? If not possible, what is a program that I can use that my inventor/autocad skills will be able to translate easily?
  5. Is there a way to split a single part in an assembly in order to show two separate halves during an animation. Scenario: My company wants to split a 40 ft shipping container in half to scab in a 4' section to make a 12' wide container. I have designed a jig on tracks to show how the container can be split and half of the container to be rolled away to allow for the "scab" to be built in the middle. IS there a way to animate this in Inventor.. The container is in the assembly model as a single part.
  6. Anim8or is a free 3d animation package, and it is easy to import your models for animation and material rendering, the latest vesion has raytracer called art tracer.You can also import your models from anim8or to autocad. Anim8or is a free and powerful modelling/animation 3d software package. Create and animate 3d cartoons, movies, adverts, traditional 2d toons and cut out animation. Anim8or is ideal for product design, illustration and comic art; turn your pencil drawings into 3d models. Anim8or is the easiest 3d program to learn, spending about 1-2 hours everyday you will complete the course and learn the full package in about 2 weeks. Every module has a video tutorial with narration, acrobat notes and anim8or example files. Anim8or is the perfect tool for graphic design artists, art students, cartoonists, inventors, web & game designers and movie makers. Anim8or will help you bring your dreams to life. Visit www.ianroz.com for the course curriculum.
  7. After numbers times of struggle I have not been able to figure out how to change the quality in recording. Every time i try, the quality would turn out horrible and I need this for an important presentation at the end of the month. I was wondering if anyone would be able give subjection or tell me what I am doing wrong. The quicker the better, and thank you.
  8. barefootbob

GIS and Animation in Map 3D

Two Questions: 1) can i import shape files into the same .dwg file using two separate coordinate systems? ie: WGS 1984 (LL84) while the majority of my data is on the IL83 coordinates? 2) Once the 'draping' of my files have been placed over the ariel image file for the terrain, can I use map to do a 'flyover type animation' or would I have to move on to something more complex such as Max? Thank you. Bob
  9. RichardAlbert

Help with simple shaft animation

Hello everyone, I hope I am not doing something bad by posting in here....I read a ton of threads and nothing seems to help me out. I have a very simple animation which consists of a pillow block holding a shaft that sticks out 1 inch on each side. I have been trying to get this to work for DAYS now and I am getting very frustrated cause I dont know what I am doing wrong. I have assembled my shaft and pillow block correctly and managed to animate it (10 Revolutions in 20 seconds) I was also able to add a pin on one side of the shaft to lock into a pin or a connecting rod at some future point and the animation still works fine. My problem is when I try to add a lock pin to the other side of the shaft for some reason I can easily manipulate it in Assembly mode with my mouse but as soon as I try to run the animation on it with the constraints it stops working. If I suppress the constraints for the second lock pin, the animations starts working again. I dont know what im doing wrong.....please for the love of god someone help me. I am attaching a zip file with all three parts and the assembly file. I realize this is probably a real newbie problem but I am in the process of learning. I LOVE inventor. All I need now is to fully understand animations and why the heck everything goes wrong as soon as I have two parts constrained to my shaft. Thank you so much for your time and I hope this doesn't **** anyone off. Richard Simple.zip
  10. I'm working on an intro with 3dsMax. But when I'm rendering the animation, it literally takes overnight to render it. What could be causing such a slow render? The animation uses the standard 100 frames.
  11. Is this possible? Can an object move through an animation while its gizmo stays stationary, so the map assigned to it looks as if its moving across it? Am I describing this accurately? Is it possible to "disconnect" the gizmo from the object, so the map stays anchored as the object moves around?
  12. Hi, I'm having trouble visualizing how to constrain two basic bevel gears to have them rotate in tandem. I'm using Inventor 2011 Pro and I'm not sure what the exact steps are. Thanks!
  13. basically i have a square with a hole in it, when i try to animate it to rotate around the rod in the hole it rotates using the corner of the square instead, which is the origin of the part. Is there a way to move the orgin on the part, or use constraint commands(i have not really gone into constraint commands yet) to get it to rotate around the hole?